March 12, 2009

Orchid Festival and Other News


Things have been a little quiet around here lately because I had to go on a hiatus. One of my parents had surgery and the other was sick. I've also not been to well and so have had to take it easy.

In addition, some management changes at Fairchild have put my work with the fruit program on hold, though I anticipate helping out on random special occasions or at Williams Grove on some weekends. I'll probably resume my consistent involvement with the fruit program around May as we prepare for the big mango festival in the summer.

In the meantime, I'll be working with the Keys Coastal Habitat, starting next week. It'll be a great opportunity to learn more about native vegetation and to support a wonderful conservation effort.

Don't miss this weekend's Orchid Festival! I'll be at the fruit pavilion on Saturday handing out fruit samples. Stop by and say hello.

No comments: